[LCC] RTTY Roundup AA5AU Single Op LP

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 7 09:17:13 CST 2013

My only goal was 2000 contacts. I knew my score would not be as good as last year since all my antennas were 10' lower after this last rebuild and conditions were not as good as last year, especially ten meters. I did have problems I normally didn't have in the past, like 80 meters interfering with 40 meters. This is why my 40M total is about 170 less than last year and I struggled on the low bands Saturday night. Had I not had this problem, I would have been very close to last year's QSO total. Ten meters was not as good as last year and my total there is 180 Q's off from last year. But I was able to make most of this up on 20. I had 200 more contacts on 20 meters this year compared to last year and 15 and 80 are about the same.

Starting mid-morning on Sunday, 20 meters was open to EVERYWHERE in the US and Canada. I was even working MS and AR on 20 and it seemed everyone was calling in. It was truly special. 15 was almost as good but not quite. It was a lot of fun. It was the 25th anniversary of the contest and I've operated every one of them. Hope to operate the next 25 too!

73, Don AA5AU