[LCC] Clublog

Steve Lott lottsphoto at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 09:48:19 CST 2013

Good question !!!

What is ClubLog good for.......... Mainly Data Mining, however I also use
it
while operating, more on that later down in this post.....

I suggest a quick look at the Power Point Over View of ClubLog
which I have edited to add some of my own comments and some updated data

The url is here..................
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1r8ZwzBTWUsmt8xNRBUoQVW1bV9XzuQLWjNVA_R5Sun0/edit?usp=sharing

Here are the Top feature sets that I use routinely from ClubLog...

1.   A DX Cluster that only shows what is on now that I need, with a MUF
and other useful data right there. While I realize there are many other
cluster tools and I use them to. The data from ClubLog is based on what
others have logged !!!
for example.....
On 30 meters a few minutes ago based on My needs here is the Top Two listed
"spots"

AD6ZJ10109.63D2RXnow
simplexROTUMA<https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=460>
Most-Wanted #65 LoTW2013-02-10
15:00Propagation<https://secure.clublog.org/propagation.php?dxcc=460>
HA2EBQ10141.29H1EJbpsk31MALTA<https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=257>
 LoTW2013-02-10
14:50Propagation<https://secure.clublog.org/propagation.php?dxcc=257>
Keep in mind these are verified calls, verified DXCC needs for me based on
what I uploaded to clublog.

2.   Needed DXCC reports easy to copy and paste to share with others what I
need
Look under TimeLine  then click Needed DXCC  here is a snap shot of what I
need...

Needed DXCCsEntityMost-wanted RankNAVASSA
I.<https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=182>
#1 NORTH KOREA <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=344>#2
BOUVET <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=24>#3 SOUTH
SANDWICH<https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=240>
#4 HEARD I. <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=111>#7 KINGMAN
REEF <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=134>#8 JUAN DE NOVA &
EUROPA <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=124>#10 SOUTH
GEORGIA <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=235>#11 BAKER &
HOWLAND IS. <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=20>#13 SAN
FELIX I. <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=217>#16 JOHNSTON
I. <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=123>#17 PRATAS
ISLAND<https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=505>
#18 MACQUARIE I. <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=153>#19
KERGUELEN <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=131>#23 MOUNT
ATHOS <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=180>#24 MELLISH
REEF<https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=171>
#25 MINAMI TORISHIMA <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=177>
#29 TURKMENISTAN <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=280>#30 COCOS
I. <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=37>#33 CENTRAL
KIRIBATI<https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=31>
#34 CHESTERFIELD IS. <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=512>
#37 IRAN <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=330>#39 TRINDADE
& MARTIM VAZ <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=273>#43 SOUTH
ORKNEY <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=238>#49 ANDAMAN &
NICOBAR <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=11>#53
BANGLADESH<https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=305>
#55 SYRIA <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=384>#61
COCOS-KEELING <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=38>#93 WESTERN
SAHARA <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=302>#105
NEPAL<https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=369>
#118 REP. OF CONGO <https://secure.clublog.org/mostwanted2.php?dxcc=412>#125
3.   QSL Charts Here is a snapshot of mine......

Your QSOs with AFGHANISTAN on CW  *Call* *DX Call* *Date* *Band* *Mode* *
Zone* *QSL* LoTW KG5VKT6LG2012-10-25 14:10:4415CW21
LoTWKG5VKT6LG2012-10-25 14:10:0015CW21
LoTWKG5VKT6LG2012-10-23 01:27:5620CW21
LoTWKG5VKT6LG2012-10-23 01:27:0020CW21
LoTWKG5VKT6JC2012-09-30 13:50:0015CW21
LoTWKG5VKT6JC2012-09-30 13:24:0015CW21
LoTWKG5VKT6UD2011-12-16 22:49:2940CW21

KG5VKT6JC2011-09-23 14:26:1315CW21
LoTWKG5VKT6JC2011-09-23 02:10:4720CW21
LoTWKG5VKT6JC2011-09-23 02:10:0020CW21
LoTW VVerified (awarded)CConfirmedWWorked

*This page is protected by Club Log and can only be accessed by the owner
of this callsign, Steven Lott Smith.*

Click here to see suggestions for DX callsigns in AFGHANISTAN in the last 3
years<https://secure.clublog.org/getqsos.php?fDXCC=3&fCall=KG5VK&fMode=1&fLinked=0&bTips=1>

So what does that tell me, for one it shows that OP in Afghanistan is a
LOTW user
so it encourages me to go look at my LOTW records, when I do that I see I
have a matching QSO in LOTW for these QSO's I just have not yet asked for
the QSL credit in LOTW

This is one of the many reasons data mining is good, it shows us where we
have loose ends. In this case QSO's that could easily be converted to
confirmed DXCC credits.

4.  Live Log links and this is very powerful...........

     If you take a look at QRZ.com and type a search for my call KG5VK

     you will see Two ways I use ClubLog,

    One is for posting the last Ten QSO's I made
     this is done with a script that searches my clublog
     account and keeps the data on    that QRZ page current

   The Second is using the On Line QSL service Tools<
   which used to be reserved only for use by rare DXCC enities and has been
made
   available to all of us, I love this because I hate getting IRC's and
from my one trip to
   the Ti5 I get alot of IRC's from JA's that want a QSL   Now they just
pay me thru PayPal and I send the card direct to them, clublog scripting
makes it easy

Don't over looking a simple click on the Help button from the home page of
ClubLog
there are many feature sets available

And the new Help desk too with the FAQ file is a great starting place for
new and old ClubLog users

Cheers !

Steve

KG5VK