[LCC] possible issue with reflector?

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Sat Aug 17 16:32:41 CDT 2013

Hello Gentlemen,
	I'm not sure what happened, but after one of the messages about NAQP ssb
this weekend, I got about 15 bounce notices from folks signed up on the
Louisiana Contest Club reflector
(lcc at louisianacontestclub.org). Many different areas and many ISP's. The
things I see in common are:
1. when they came back, they all have a winmail*.dat attachment,
2.  they all reference some version of Outlook or Outlook express,
3.  they all reference this header: "Subject: Message Recall Failure: [LCC]
Recall: NAQP SSB This Weekend"

It looks like the original post with this header had an attachment, which
the reflector software says it scrubbed, but all the bounces reference that
first message. It seems like a few years ago, a member was using Outlook
and it somehow got configured to add a signature or something, but I don't
remember the specifics. Other than occasionally adding a member, we haven't
made any changes to the reflector in a while. Anyone have any thoughts?