[LCC] W5RU

Ted Saba kn5o at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 31 12:53:56 CDT 2012

Here's our 3830 posting..

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W5RU
Operator(s): KN5O K1DW W5AG WA5JWU
Station: KN5O

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Covington, LA
Operating Time (hrs): 40

   160:    5     4        3
    80:   95    17       55
    40:  225    27       82
    20:  492    37      116
    15: 1200    37      124
    10:  924    32      123
------------------------------

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

We had two new operators join us for this weekend - W5AG (Arch) and WA5JWU
(Mike) - to see if we could get them interested in Multi-Op contesting.
Hopefully we did that.  But we still have problems trying to get operators for
this contest.  Having to listen to voice splatter for hours on end does not
attract too much interest.  Moreover, I was the only operator from mid-night
until sunrise.  By Saturday mid-night, I couldn't go anymore and got some rest,
so our low band counts suffered.

Regretfully, we did not run as much as we should have.  Plus the conditions for
us on 10M were not as good as last year. We made up for some of that on 15M this
time.  Overall, total Qs for both bands were about the same as last year.  But
both our country and zone counts are down this year.  And we missed Zone 29
entirely.  Also, seems that activity on 160/80/40 was lower this time around.

But overall, we did have a good time.  No real equipment problems - just
operator errors.  Need to add some stub filters, as the Dunestars help, but are
not sufficient.  And a nearby power-pole lightning arrestor started to act-up
intermittently.

We'll be active for both SSCW/SSSSB and CQWW CW.  Hopefully we will have more
help for CQWW CW.

73, Ted KN5O for W5RU

Contest Team Members:  K1DW, W5AG, WA5JWU & KN5O

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/