[LCC] Fwd: CQWW CW W5RU(@KN5O) M/2 HP

Ted Saba kn5o at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 27 09:10:18 CST 2012

Subject: 	CQWW CW W5RU(@KN5O) M/2 HP
Date: 	Mon, 26 Nov 2012 04:07:01 -0800
From: 	webform at b41h.net
To: 	3830 at contesting.com, kn5o at bellsouth.net

    80:  221    22       80
    40:  611    34      111
    20:  553    36      119
    15: 1129    34      117
    10:  601    30      108
------------------------------

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

We welcomed two new ops to our QTH for this contest, Chuck NO5W and Joe W3GW and
are very much appreciative of their help.  Last year, Dallas K1DW and I could
not get any ops to run an M/2, so we did solo band operations on 10 and 15.
For this year, we thanksfully have some new ops that moved into the general
area - so things are looking up.  Chuck, NO5W had contested at NR5M when he
lived in Houston.  So having someone closeby with his experience is really
great.  Chuck made close to 50% of our Qs by himself!

With the additional help this year, we went back to M/2.  Didn't quite make the
entire 48 hours.  One more op would have done it for us.  Lost some valuable Qs
trying to cover 3 bands solo between 2AM and 6AM on Saturday morning.  Joe W3GW
did duty with me Saturday noght / Sunday morning.  (here's a clue - get a
retired physician to pull that duty with you - they are used to long hours)
Maybe next year I can get Joe to plan to operate the graveyard shift with me on
both nights!

Anyway, we did better this year than in 2010, the last time we did M/2, so
we're pleased with our results.  Mostly S&P the first 24 hours and ran the last
24 hours.  The Sunday morning EU runs we're real good for about 4 hours on 10
and 15, but the evening JA runs for us never really got a full head of steam.

Thanks to all of you for the Qs.  We'll be back for the ARRL DX CW/SSB next
year.

73,
Ted KN5O for W5RU - Dallas K1DW, Chuck NO5W and Joe W3GW.