[LCC] Club year / bylaws

Greg Schultz Sr w5ry at cox.net
Tue Mar 20 19:11:11 EDT 2012

My vote is yes to the change

W5RY

-----Original Message-----
From: lcc-bounces at louisianacontestclub.org
[mailto:lcc-bounces at louisianacontestclub.org] On Behalf Of Mark, K5ER
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 12:47 AM
To: LCC at louisianacontestclub.org
Subject: [LCC] Club year / bylaws

	We have another business matter to bring to the club. Last year, a
motion
was brought forth to change the club year to coincide with the calendar
year. This would require a change in the By-Laws, which needs a 2/3 vote of
the membership. The vote was held and all were in favor except for one
vote. Due to the limited number of votes received, we fell ONE PERCENTAGE
POINT under the required 66.7%. Yep, ONE additional vote in favor would
have carried the motion. At the last meeting, the proposal was
re-introduced by motion and second, and is now being presented to the club
for another vote. Many say it would be easier to keep up with dues payment
by the year, rather than split between two years.

The proposal is:
Should the LCC make appropriate changes in its By-Laws to move the club
year from the present July1-June 30, to a calendar based year from January
1 - December 30?

Implications:
If the club votes IN FAVOR of the proposal, the changes would be made and
all members in good standing would basically receive an extra six months of
membership for the dues they have already paid.
If the club votes against, or doesn't carry the 66.7% required, no changes
will take place.

We'll verify the records, but I believe we have 47 current members, meaning
we will need 32 positive votes to carry the motion.

To make your choice, please send an email to
<bylaw at louisianacontestclub.org>. In the body of the email, please
include,  "YES" for the change, or "NO" to remain the same. Please cast
your vote before mid April. These votes, along with the live vote at the
next meeting (Monroe, April 21), will be totaled and the result will be
publicized.

Thanks and 73,
Mark, K5ER
President, LCC