[LCC] Club year / bylaws

K1DW at aol.com K1DW at aol.com
Tue Mar 20 09:55:25 EDT 2012

YES, change the calendar year.

DE Dallas K1DW

In a message dated 3/20/2012 12:46:54 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
k5er at arrl.net writes:

We have another business matter to bring to the club. Last year, a  motion
was brought forth to change the club year to coincide with the  calendar
year. This would require a change in the By-Laws, which needs a  2/3 vote
of
the membership. The vote was held and all were in favor except  for one
vote. Due to the limited number of votes received, we fell ONE  PERCENTAGE
POINT under the required 66.7%. Yep, ONE additional vote in  favor would
have carried the motion. At the last meeting, the proposal was
re-introduced by motion and second, and is now being presented to the club
for another vote. Many say it would be easier to keep up with dues payment
by the year, rather than split between two years.

The proposal  is:
Should the LCC make appropriate changes in its By-Laws to move the club
year from the present July1-June 30, to a calendar based year from January
1 - December 30?

Implications:
If the club votes IN FAVOR of the  proposal, the changes would be made and
all members in good standing would  basically receive an extra six months
of
membership for the dues they have  already paid.
If the club votes against, or doesn't carry the 66.7%  required, no changes
will take place.

We'll verify the records, but  I believe we have 47 current members,
meaning
we will need 32 positive  votes to carry the motion.

To make your choice, please send an email to
<bylaw at louisianacontestclub.org>. In the body of the email, please
include,  "YES" for the change, or "NO" to remain the same. Please  cast
your vote before mid April. These votes, along with the live vote at  the
next meeting (Monroe, April 21), will be totaled and the result will  be
publicized.

Thanks and 73,
Mark, K5ER
President,  LCC