[LCC] Upcoming officer elections

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Tue Mar 20 01:07:11 EDT 2012

Hi Folks,
	Well, its that time of the year again. Time to think about who YOU want
leading OUR club for next year. The current officers are:
President, Mark, K5ER; Vice President, Charlie, KI5XP; Sec/Treas, Scott,
W5WZ; Director, Marsh, KA5M; Director, Ted, KN5O. As a charter member, I
have been honored to be club President since the inception. I have enjoyed
it, and have met many friends across the state, but its now time for
someone else to lead the club. I plan to stay active, cheerleading before
contests, helping form teams, and perhaps assisting with the reflector and
other duties, but I DO NOT seek another term as President. While the club
is growing, its time for a change before things become stale. Nominations
were opened at the Rayne meeting and there were no nominations from the
floor. Our By-Laws (http://www.louisianacontestclub.org/legal.htm) allow
nominations via electronic means.

Club Members:
	A roster of club members is available on the club's web site at
http://www.louisianacontestclub.org/members.htm. Click the link "View a
Louisiana ..." and a box will open asking for a user name and password.
Both of which (case sensitive) are in the colored box on the right side of
the page.

Procedure:
	This email opens a window from March 20 through March 31, in which
nominations for EACH office will be accepted. Obviously, nominations are
only accepted from paid club members in good standing. Nominations received
will then be posted to this email reflector and to the club's web site. A
second window will run for 2 weeks, from approximately April 4th through
April 18, in which a page will be available on the club's web site allowing
you to cast your vote. These votes will be tallied and added to the live
vote at the April meeting and the winners will be announced at that
meeting. Incoming officers will take office as provided for in the By-Laws.

Email Address for Nominations:
	Please send your nominations to the following email forwarder, which will
be received by at least three club members:
Nominations at louisianacontestclub.org. The offices you can place nominations
for are:
President
Vice-President
Secretary/Treasurer
Director
Director

	Please think about this and provide your input. We have only 4 live
meetings a year. Things do come up from time to time, but officers should
at least try to attend meetings and show leadership for the club. Many have
put a lot of time and effort into the club and hope to continue to build
contesting in the state, continue sharing information and resources via
this reflector and at club meetings, and continue to bring informative and
inspirational presentations to our meetings.

Thanks for your consideration.
President, LCC