[LCC] Slidell Hamfest / NAQP RTTY/ CQ WW VHF

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Sun Jul 15 23:54:05 CDT 2012

To the RTTY and VHF guys in the club,

         We are required to have four "live" meetings per year, and there
are only so many opportunities to get the club together. It seems like we
have better attendance when our meetings are attached to a hamfest.
Besides, we might (?) have someone walk in and decide they want to be a
part of our contesting fun! Last year the Slidell Hamfest was on the same
weekend as NAQP RTTY and CQ VHF. Unfortunately, I totally forgot about the
conflict when scheduling this year, and it wasn't brought to my attention
until just a few days ago. My apologies, but I don't believe there are any
other opportunities to reschedule and get together in a timely manner.

         So, for those who will be participating in this weekend's
contests, I wish you the best of luck. For those who won't be in the
contest, consider coming down and joining us in the LCC meeting (see info
below). Perhaps our next president can do a better job of not scheduling
meetings the same weekend as contests. <grin>

         Don, Thanks very much for cheerleading the team formation for RTTY
contests. You guys are tearing up the competition. Marshall, nice job in
the recent VHF contests, and thanks for making your station available for
multi-ops. Keep up the good work, guys!