[LCC] RTTYNAQP Team Confirmation: Louisiana Contest Club

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 24 23:49:36 EST 2012

I re-registered the team earlier today to reflect Rex using NX8G/5.

We should be all set now.  I made a few contacts on 80 meters this evening in the practice session while setting up the 2nd and 3rd
radios.  80 was very noisy but signals where good.  Hopefully there will be less noise tomorrow night.

This contest will be completely different from last February.  High band conditions should favor us here in LA and AR with the flux
around 109 and low A & K indexes.  Right now the K index is zero, so let's hope it stays that way.  This should give us good to very
good conditions on 10, 15 and 20 meters with 15 & 20 being the money bands this year.  However, if the weather clears and we get low
noise, look for 40 to be very good as well.

If you are going to use the preset file I sent last night, edit it to reflect Rex as NX8G/5 in LA instead of OH.

Good luck everyone.  Let's take home the trophy for LCC!

73, Don AA5AU