[LCC] k5er - LAQP

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Mon Feb 13 00:17:58 EST 2012

Maybe the formatting is better in this one:

                     Louisiana QSO Party

Call: K5ER
Operator(s): K5ER, AA5LA
Station: K5ER

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: OUAC(Ouahita parish)
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   160:
    80:              43                     24
    40:              49                     27
    20:     1       627         1         60
    15:              14                     10
    10:               1                      1
     6:
     2:
Total:     1       734         1          122  Total Score = 180,810

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Louisiana Contest Club member Bobby, AA5LA, doesn't have his towers up yet,
so I
invited him to Multi @ my house. Planned to run Multi-2, but computers refused
to talk, so just ran Multi-Single. Antenna issues prevented use of the
mono-banders, so we had to plug the tri-bander directly into one rig,
eliminating the possibility of SO2R. When automation is working right, its
really easy to run bands with a mult, while still running on primary rig, but
it was convoluted with the hybrid system this weekend.
      20 stayed open longer than expected, and the rate was good, so we stayed
there. Made a bunch of Q's, but lost lots of mults by not moving sooner. Missed
WAS by only 3 - RI, AR, and OK. Did manage to get KG4 for a new dxcc
entity, and
XE3/K5ENS, a club member who moved to XE last year. Missed the bonus station,
but still managed to top last year's score by 45K.
      Thanks much to all who stopped by. The Louisiana Contest Club tries to
insure that there and many opportunities for everyone to get a Louisiana
contact in the LAQP, and preleminary reports show we gave out several thousand
contacts. Thanks for your interest and hope to see you again next year. For
those needing confirmation, my log will be uploaded to LOTW by Sunday night.