[LCC] LA QSO Party - logging

Mark Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Tue Feb 7 14:02:01 EST 2012

Hi Guys,
	Just as a note, last year I worked for several weeks with John, K3CT of
the N1MM team. Although he was in and out of town on business, we worked
through about 5 or 6 beta releases, to insure that N1MM not only logged,
but also scored the LAQP is exact accordance with the rules. I don't think
there were any scoring changes in this years rules, so as an N1MM user, I
am confidant that it will score it correctly. There were some rule/scoring
changes a couple of years ago, and unless someone specifically asked, some
of the other software vendors  may not have fully updated their products.
They may work for logging, but any of the other pieces of logging software,
please check your logs for correct scoring. I do highly recommend printing
out the parish abbreviations. Not where I can verify right now, but I'm
pretty sure that East Feliciana is EFEL, not FEEL.

	I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, but I'm told that "CQ/X"
software by Chuck, NO5W is about as good as it gets for rover contesting.
His web site, www.no5w.com, shows it fully supports the LAQP, and several
of the winning mobiles in the last few years have used it. If you plan on
roving in the LAQP, you should check it out.

	I have participated in 6 of the last 7 LAQP's. Having won (category) 3
times as part of the W5WZ rover group, once with club call N5LCC and twice
at home (once SO and once multi), I can assure you that it is lots of fun,
and the more participation, the better the event. There should be several
very active rovers coming over from Texas activating many of the south and
central parishes and racking up tons of Q's. Good luck!