[LCC] we have lost one of our own

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Sun Dec 23 11:36:36 CST 2012

	During this season of joy and celebration of the birth of our Lord and
Savior, I have some sad news. Jerry Miller, K5OR, a Louisiana Contest Club
and also Twin City Ham Club (Monroe, LA) member, became a silent key on
Saturday December 22. Jerry, an Extra class licensee, was an engineer by
trade, working for the firm that designed and built Dillards stores across
the country. We often joked that after the architects designed the
buildings, he went back and added enough structural components to keep them
standing. He also helped many fellow Amateurs by looking over their tower
plans and making sure their installations were structurally safe and within
spec. Jerry was pretty quiet, only opening up around his closest friends.
Although health issues kept him from participating much for several years,
he enjoyed contesting and helping others with their stations.
	Jerry will be sorely missed. Please keep his family in your thoughts and
prayers.

-Mark, K5ER