[LCC] NAQP CW AA5AU Single Op LP

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 5 09:43:46 CDT 2012

Wish I had more time to play in this one. An hour and half into the contest the XYL wanted me to take her shopping and run errands.
When we got home I was able to put in about 30 minutes on 20 meters before it was time to cook dinner then watch a movie. By the
time I got back to the radio there were only 3 hours left.

Ten meters was not open like it was for NAQP RTTY. And I don't know if 40 and 80 were noisier than in the RTTY contest, but it sure
is harder to copy CW signals than RTTY signals on those bands in the summer! I didn't get to use the second radio much because rates
were good on the main radio. My contest CW is a little rusty. I'd like to try the January event next year but it's a week after the
RTTY Roundup. And I would like to operate the SSB NAQP in two weeks so I can finish up a few states for the Triple Play but don't
put me on the team just yet!

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU