[LCC] Log submission deadline changed

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Wed Aug 1 00:39:46 CDT 2012

 From the August 1 issue of the ARRL Contest Update:

CQ WW Director, Bob Cox K3EST announced, "With the technology available
today and the presence of the Internet practically everywhere, it has been
decided to reduce the log submission time for all CQ contests to five (5)
days. Approximately 70% of all electronic logs (more than 10,000!) were
received within 7 days after the contest. We realize that in some cases
circumstances may not allow a timely submission. If an entrant requires
more time to submit a log, an extension can be granted for legitimate
reasons by contacting <mailto:questions at cqww.com>questions at cqww.com. Send
your email to that address prior to the submission deadline - including
before the contest if you expect to require more time. We encourage clubs
to notify their members of the new deadline as they may not be aware of the
rule change. This is an excellent opportunity for clubs to help members
generate and email Cabrillo-formatted logs if they have not done so
before." CQ Editor, Rich W2VU notes, "The five-day log submission deadline
takes effect with the SSB weekend of the 2012 CQWW DX Contest in October.
The deadline for the 2012 CQWW RTTY DX Contest (Sept. 29-30) remains 15
October, as published in the July issue of CQ."