[LCC] LCC Membership Renewals

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Sat Jun 4 23:54:31 EDT 2011

	We have another new member since Scott sent this, so even though a few
haven't renewed, we're still about to hit 50 active members. I personally
think that's GREAT, and thank each of you for your participation and desire
to make contesting in Louisiana more fun and more competitive.

	Did anybody else happen to notice that 5 of the 48, over 10% of our
membership, happens to have the same last name? No, its not Smith or Jones,
but Dickson. Based on these numbers and the opening slide in Scott's
presentation in Dayton (good job, Scott!) he can now field a multi-op
effort without inviting anyone other than family members. I would say it
sounds like a takeover plot, but he is a charter member of the club and
already has the checkbook, so guess he and family are just that much into
Amateur radio. In this age of more and more distractions, it good to see
entire families participating in anything together. Wish we had more
families that "radio-active".

Hi Friends:

Thank you to all who have joined for the first time or already renewed your
existing membership.  LCC now has 47 active members, with 14 expired
members.

--Scott, W5WZ
--LCC Secretary/Treasurer