[LCC] NAQP teams

Mark Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Mon Jul 11 14:34:45 EDT 2011

Hey folks,
         First, my apologies to the RTTY crowd for not paying attention.
When we scheduled our Summer meeting in Slidell, I forgot to check the
calendar and ended up with a conflict with the NAQP RTTY weekend. Sorry
about that. As a board, we try to move the meetings around the state so
most members will have at least one "local" meeting. Maybe next year the
dates won't fall together. For those who won't be playing RTTY that
weekend, we would like to have as many as possible at the LCC meeting at 1P
there at the Slidell hamfest.

         Next, KC5WA is so fired up about working a bunch of EU during
IARU, that he has already requested a team spot for NAQP ssb. The NAQP's
are short, really fun events which offer individual competition, club
competition and also team competition. Don, AA5AU has handled forming teams
for the RTTY weekend, July 16-17. I'll put some together for the CW and SSB
weekends, August 6-7 and August 20-21, respectively. I know we have some
really good CW ops in the club, as well as some good phone ops. There's no
cost to participate, but it adds more incentive to not only post a good
score for yourself, but to help the club and team do well.

         Anyone wishing to participate can either post to the reflector, or
to me directly. The week before each contest, we'll have a push to fill the
teams and I'll register them the night before the contests.

We now have:

rtty:
AA5AU DON
KK5OQ CHAS (JR)