[LCC] NAQP contests - forming teams

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Tue Jan 4 02:24:31 EST 2011

         My apologies to the RTTY guys in the club. I totally zoned out on
last weekend's RTTY Roundup. Maybe some of you can drop your prez a note to
remind him of some of these RTTY events, so we can drum up more participation.

         Speaking of participation, we have the NAQP contests coming back
to back. CW is THIS weekend, Jan 8-9, and SSB is NEXT weekend, Jan 15-16,
with the RTTY weekend coming Feb 26-27. The NAQP's only run 12 hours(Noon
til midnight, local), and Single Ops can only run 10 out of the 12.
EVERYBODY is limited to 100 watts, so the playing field is much more level.
Exchange is pretty simple, too - your name and state. These contests allow
club competition and also team competition. We can form teams of up to five
people to compete against others. Complete rules are available at
http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.php

         So, who plans to be on for the CW weekend? How about SSB or RTTY?
You can respond to the reflector, or preferably to me directly, and I'll
re-post with team members. Teams MUST be registered before the start of the
contest, so let me know as early as possible. We can form as many teams as
we want to, and would really like to have more than one, so the more, the
merrier.

CW weekend:
Team #1
1.