[LCC] 160, I tried, oh how I tried.

Marcel Livesay n5vu at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 18:59:31 EST 2011

Good job Mark,

I always try to best my own scores from one year to the next.  I have a amusing story about the 160 contest last weekend.

I tuned my loop for 160 and had 8oo Watts to play with.  Dad GUM, I could'nt get many contacts to save my life.  I could hear them pretty good, it just took everything I had to "just" make a contact.  I got 20 in all. Sad sad,...  I noticed that my L & C was a little bit different on my tuner for 160.  I thought, "Maybe a limb fell on my loop."  So, I just gave up.  Thinking I have a crappy antenna system.  Dang, I usually do a lot better.

Sunday, I went out to search for the problem. I found it alright!  It appears that my wife got tired of the ladder line banging against the house.  She had wrapped it everywhere.  Around the tower leg and around other coax and ground wires in order to get the banging to stop.  Needless to say, my antenna was about 20 feet long and 3 feet off the ground. for my 20 Qs.

Oh well, there is always next year.

73,
Marcel