[LCC] Officer nominations

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Sat Apr 2 23:49:52 EDT 2011

Hi Guys,
         It is now time to seriously consider who will lead OUR club next
year. The club's year, and officer terms, end on June 30. Voting will take
place at the Monroe meeting (April 23). Since we are so spread out, our
by-laws allow online nominations and voting.

         We have placed a link at the top of our club home page
(www.n5lcc.com), which allows club members to nominate someone for the
officer positions. So far, we had one "live" nomination at the Rayne
hamfest - W5WZ has been nominated as a candidate for Secretary /Treasurer
(and has agreed to serve if elected). This is an important point. Please
make sure somebody agrees to serve, and plans to attend meetings, before
simply nominating someone.

         The link for nominating will be up through midnight April 10th.
After that, the election committee will verify that all nominated are
current on their dues and the link will change to a "voting" page, listing
the names of the nominees. None of this happens without participation of
club members, so be sure to log on and make your choices known.

President,
Louisiana Contest Club