[LCC] SS SSB

Mark Ketchell k5er at arrl.net
Mon Nov 22 14:19:32 EST 2010

	Wow, great scores, guys. Looks like we now have some really good
competition across the state. Lots more activity in every category than
just a few years ago. As Steve, KG5VK recently said, you can't just enter a
contest and automatically expect to get a certificate anymore, you have to
work for it.

	Just by the early posts, looks like some great rivalry brewing in the SO
HP category between W5WZ, who is sometimes time challenged, and K5ENS, with
some new aluminum and amp. Hey. I want to get in on some of that!

	For KC5WA to make over 200Q's running QRP is fantastic. I have seen times
when 10-15 Q's would easily win this category - but no more. If you want to
beat RC, you'd better bring you "A" game.

	I had fun as part of the multi op effort at KG5VK's, and can't wait to see
the W5RU team post their score. Ted's crew was kicking behind and taking
names - and the rest of the exchange, too.

	Congrats to all the competitors, hope you had fun enjoying the competition
and camaraderie.  Congrats to the Louisiana Contest Club for raising
awareness and helping to increase activity across the state.

	GO LCC!