[LCC] LCC group effort MM - MS - M2

Scott Dickson, W5WZ w5wz at w5wz.com
Mon May 31 23:09:57 EDT 2010

Steve, KG5VK:

I read your question with great interest.  Certainly there are some good
stations owned by LCC members.  The operators/builders of these stations
aren’t slouches as operators either.  And there are some really fun,
competitive contests to choose from.  Seems to me that combination is
perfect for what you are suggesting.

I suppose that brings a few questions to the surface for all the LCC members
& friends.  How about some discussion from the group on these questions:

1) Who would participate in a Multi-Op contest effort within LA?  I envision
more than a token turn out – perhaps six to twelve operators, working via
scheduled operating times and bands.

2) Do you know of a station well-suited for this LCC team effort?  If so,
please post the station call you recommend and why you feel that station is
best suited.

3) How about 2010 CQWW SSB Contest: 0000 UTC, October 30 through 2359 UTC,
October 31 ?

4) Do you prefer another contest or mode?

--Scott, W5WZ