[LCC] FW: WPX CW AA5AU SOAB HP

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sun May 30 23:53:27 EDT 2010

Here's my effort for the club.  Contrary to popular belief, I can and do operate CW contests!

Pretty stinky conditions though.  Started off low power but had to turn on the amp.

Got the new IC-7600 on Friday and couldn't resist doing a contest with it.  Man, it's a beauty!  I want to say it's like a PRO III
on steroids, but it's not.  It's a much better radio than the PRO III in many ways.  The roofing filters DO make a difference.
Can't wait to try it in the DLDC RTTY contest this weekend.  I'll be doing SO2R and comparing the '7600 with the PRO III
side-by-side.  Should be interesting.

The DLDC RTTY contest is new this year.  It took the place of the old ANARTS RTTY contest.  For WriteLog users, you can download a
module for this contest.  There is a link from the rttycontesting.com home page.

I'm writing a review of the '7600 on rttycontesting.com but it won't be a complete for a few weeks while I put the radio through
it's paces.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com