[LCC] CQWWWPX-SSB K5UA

Roland na5q at w5ddl.org
Tue Mar 30 01:22:21 EDT 2010

Station: K5UA
Operators: K5UA, NA5Q
Class: Multi-Single
Hours: 45 hours

Band    QSOs    Pts  WPX

  1.8       0       0    0
  3.5     122     321   47
    7     237     838  104
   14     487    1075  252
   21     398     896  200
   28      75     211   45
Total    1319    3341  648

         Score : 2,164,968

Took time off for breakfast, lunch and supper. Otherwise Charles and I
alternated in the seat. This
is our the second highest score for the WPX.

The secret to this contest is getting the prefixes and DX. Points and score
adds quickly when qso's are
later added. We had less qso's than similar stations, but more points and
multi's resulting in a higher score.

Had no storms come through as in last 6 years, so noise levels were very
good and band condx.
were better than last 3 years. Did not expect 10 meters to give us so many
DX in South Pacific.
Was surprise that 80 meters was better for us than in previous years, no
antennas for 160 meters.
Where were the Japanese stations this year? Very low activity from that
region.

It was nice to work Scott W5WZ and Mark K5ER in the contest.

Roland NA5Q