[LCC] DX Fun

Marcel Livesay n5vu at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 22:54:59 EST 2010

Greetings all,

In between Wal-mart, Lowe's a gran-daughter and the back yard, I managed to squeeze out 228 Qs in the ARRL DX Contest this last weekend.  I don't really care much about SSB contests unless it's at KG5VKs house for sweepstakes.  I much prefer CW & RTTY.

113 total cumulative countries.
67 individual countries.
Score is 77,292.

I thought I nabbed a great DX contact on phone.  Unfortunately, the term "DX" means distant, as in a complete nuther country.  Whole nuther language n all. Yep, logged me a YB6BXN on 75 meters, Indonesia!  I usually operate in S & P and I'm glad I listened before I left.  Something just didn't seem clear in his call sign. Awww crap, it's YV6BXN,...Venezuela.  Another one.

I hope all had fun. How did W5WMU do?

Marcel, N5VU