[LCC] low band antenna experience

Marshall Stewart marsh at ka5m.net
Fri Jul 16 14:16:33 EDT 2010

Interesting.  First, which contest?  What station location?  CQWW from North
Louisiana?  Then probably not.  State of Louisiana for CA QSO Party?  Then
maybe so.

Generally an antenna that transmits “loud” will also receive well, at least
on the higher bands like 10, 15, 20, and 40M.  (You don’t see too many
contest stations with a 4-high stack of 20M monobanders using a separate 20M
receive antenna.)  160M and 80M are of course a different situation.  There
your receive antenna goal is the best signal to noise ratio you can get,
plus some directivity.

Marsh, KA5M