[LCC] low band antenna experience

Dan Edward Dba East edwards dan.n.edwards at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 16 06:44:04 EDT 2010

mark
sure. 1st you need the 'right' cores:
http://toroids.info/BN-73-202.php
at $0.50 each they are perfect. get TEN. his heat strippable wire is also nice.might as well order a few FT-240-31 cores too ( K9YC )...real handy...memorize "A ham's guide to RFI, ferrites, baluns, and audio interfacing" whichis now gospel...
then you wind the splitters ( google 'magic T' )...they also make good beveragematching transformers ( w8ji.com ) and flag / pennant / ewe trannies...
http://michaelgellis.tripod.com/magict.html
i like the very last one. ONE core. 7 turn primary, two 5 turn secondaries. doesntmatter if they are 180 degrees out of phase. truly, magic....tested on my miniVNA..WOW !!! super simple and effective. also handy for building switchable rx antennas...the cores saturate ( catch on fire ) at about 7 to 10 watts....
or, you can buy them from dxEngineering...
http://www.dxengineering.com/Parts.asp?ID=418&PLID=222&SecID=32&DeptID=12&PartNo=DXE-RSC-2
does that get you started? WAE is coming up...
73, w5xz