[LCC] VHF Contesting and the Sept contest

Marshall Williams k5qe at sabinenet.com
Wed Aug 18 20:48:32 EDT 2010

  Hello to everyone in LCC.....I have mailed my $20 to Scott to re-up my
membership.

I would like to remind everyone in the LCC that the ARRL Sept VHF
contest will be held Sept 11th and 12th.  The contest always starts at
1PM local time on Sat and ends at 10PM local Sunday night.

Here at the K5QE contest station, we always need contest operators for
the contest(s).  If some of you guys that operate HF contests would like
to participate in a VHF contest, we would love to have you over here in
September.  The K5QE contest station is the only Multi-Multi VHF contest
station anywhere around here.  We have 6 operating positions with high
power and large antennas for each position.

We have a 6M station, a 2M station, and a 432 station.  These stations
are all independent of each other and have a complete set of antennas
for each band--some fixed, some rotatable.  All these stations come
equipped with a legal-limit Lunar-Link amplifier.  There is one station
that covers 222, 902, 1296, 2304, and 3456MHz.  This station has a legal
limit amp for 222 and moderate to high power amps for the other bands.

We now have two EME stations that are fully operational.  On 2M, we have
8 x 18el with full AZ / EL and a full power amp.  On 432, we have 16 x
28, fully steerable, and 1100W.  These stations can be very important in
the score, because of their capability to work "rare" grids around the
world.....grids that we could never get any other way.

We have the world famous "QE Motel" here at the shack.  That is a 6 bunk
sleeping facility with a potty, sink, and shower.  Unless we get a very
large collection of ops, that should hold us.  If we need extra space,
we can always use Bill's 8 bunk facility.  In addition, we have a
reputation for feeding the troops well....

If anyone is interested in operating from here in Sept, please let me
know and we can plan for you.  If you can't make it over, please try to
work us on whatever bands you have from 6M up.  Even if you don't have a
6M antenna, just run it into your 75M dipole....we should still be able
to work you.  On 2M and 432, we should be able to work anyone in LA
fairly easily.  All contacts gratefully appreciated.

You can check out some of the station at www.k5qe.com.....there are
pictures there of most of the station, although some of the pictures are
outdated.  They are outdated because I now have more antennas than
before.....

73 Marshall K5QE
www.k5qe.com
Phone is 409-787-3830 if you want to talk...