[LCC] FW: Christopher WX5CW needs some help

Scott Dickson, W5WZ W5WZ at arrl.net
Mon Sep 14 11:51:54 EDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: ARRL LA Section [mailto:memberlist at www.arrl.org]
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 09:34
To: w5wz at w5wz.com
Subject: Christopher WX5CW needs some help

I received this email from Christopher Barber WX5CW, our Section
Educational Coordinator, who is an engineer at SciPort here in
Shreveport:

Gary,

I have a challenge for the ham community.

Figure out hands on projects that have the following criteria:

-Can be done in a time frame that is no longer than an hour.

-Hands on

-Sparks an interest in Amateur Radio by teaching a basic communication
concept.

-Children from 7 to adults will be able to do.

-Shows how to be resourceful with easily attainable items that can be
purchased from (LOWES/HOME DEPOT/RADIOSHACK)

-Supplies cost no more than $50 per 25 people.

-Has visitors using basic math and science concepts to understand.

If you could forward this to everyone you have on email.  I want to see
how creative our fellow hams can get!!!

Cheers,
Christopher R. Barber
WX5CW