[LCC] team comp for CQ WW

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Wed Oct 21 02:24:33 EDT 2009

OK, Guys, ITS CONTEST SEASON!!

CQ WW is coming up this weekend. Below are two additional layers of
competition we can participate in. Let's get on the air and show them we
ARE competitive here in LA.

Complete rules are available at: http://www.cqww.com/2009_Rules_cqww.pdf

For the CLUB competition, please make sure your cabrillo file shows
"CLUB:  Louisiana Contest Club". Next, when you submit your entry, please
make sure you send your SUMMARY to both the club contest manager
(contest at louisianacontestclub.org), and me (k5er at arrl.net).

Team competition is only available to single op entrants. For the team
competition, we are free to form our own teams. If you want to be on a
team,  let me know and note how serious (48 hours, 24 hours, just a few
hours, etc.) you will be. This is a chance for us to challenge other 5 man
teams and see just how competitive we can be. I'll post the tentative teams
to the reflector over the next couple of days, and will forward the list to
contest sponsor just before the contest starts Friday evening.

Team #1         Team #2
K5ER                    ?
?                       ?
?                       ?
?                       ?
?                       ?

More?

D. Team Contesting: A team consists
of any five radio amateurs operating
in the single operator category. A
person may be on only one team per
mode. Competing on a team will not
prevent any team member from submitting
his/her personal score for a radio
club. A team score will be the sum of all
the team member scores. SSB and CW
teams are totally separate. That is, a
member of an SSB team may be on a
totally different CW team. A list of a
team's members must be received at
CQ Headquarters by the time the contest
begins. Awards will be given to
the top teams on each mode.

X. CLUB COMPETITION:
1. The club must be a local group and
not a national organization.
2. Participation is limited to club members
operating within a local geographic
area defined as within a 275 km radius
from center of club area (except for
DXpeditions specially organized for
operation in the contest; club contributions
of DXpedition scores are percentaged
to the number of club members on
the DXpedition).
3. To be listed, a minimum of 3 logs
must be received from a club, and an
officer of the club must submit a list of
participating members and their scores,
both on phone and CW.