[LCC] WPX Trophies

Scott Dickson w5wz at w5wz.com
Mon Oct 12 20:48:20 EDT 2009

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:25:58 -0000

From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd at charter.net>

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX Trophies

To: <cq-contest at contesting.com>

I am very pleased to report that I just spent the past 2 hours working on

determining who will the 49 sponsored trophies for the 2009 WPX SSB Contest.

There are a lot of great ops who fought their way to the top of their

category or region!

At the same time, I couldn't help but notice how weighted the trophy program

is toward the High Power entrants.  Only 4 trophies were awarded to Low

Power entries!   That seems unfair since Low Power makes up 2100 of the 4086

logs received.

There's still time to balance things out.  Take a peek at

http://www.cqwpx.com/plaques.htm and see if there is an unsponsored award

you would be interested in taking on.  Or suggest a new one. Check out both

SSB and CW.

Send your requests or suggestions to the award meister for the WPX SSB/CW

Contests - Doug, K1DG.  k1dg at cqwpx.com

As always, thanks to everyone who participated and helped make the WPX such

a fun contest.

Randy Thompson, K5ZD

Director - CQ WPX Contest

email: k5zd at cqwpx.com