[LCC] NOVEMBER 2009 SS SSB

K4GM-George k4gm at verizon.net
Tue Nov 24 12:38:15 EST 2009

Hi Guys,

The LCC did great from what I have seen so far.  It was nice to hear a
lot of the guys I met at Dayton at the LCC table.  Louisiana was booming
in somewhere just about anytime I was listening.  I kept hearing Ted
KN5O at W5RU going on and on like the Energizer rabbit.   I spent a few
hours in the contest to help PVRC beat our rival club but almost never
work a phone contest because of the splatter, QRM, etc.  HOWEVER, having
used my K3 for the first time in a phone contest this past weekend I now
have a new appreciation for SSB contests and find that I am not looking
to get out as soon as I get on....  My head did NOT explode. Had fun but
made only a couple of contacts (143).   Hope to be in CQ WW CW from NR4M
this weekend.

George K4GM