[LCC] What do you use for SO2R mike/key/audio switching?

Charles Morrison cfmorris at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 19 10:29:06 EDT 2009

You guys are still using NA, so sticking with something that supports LPT
ports makes sense.  If you're set on 1 computer for SO2R operation, you'll
need a switcher.  The Microham seems to be a pretty fine box.

But all is not lost.  As long as your computer supports LPT ports, you can
run Windows apps such as N1MM and Writelog, but you'll have to "shim" the
LPT port with a driver.  N1MM comes with one that works fairly well,
Writelog requires one to be purchased.

So your audio switching is safe.  Price vs future expandability and
universal support (IF, big IF, you're running Windows applications).

Charlie

KI5XP