[LCC] Fw: The June Contest

Ted Saba kn5o at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 18 10:36:44 EDT 2009

FYI - - -

----- Original Message -----
From: Marshall Williams
To: Bill Musa ; Bill Simpson ; Chuck Clark ; Dave Teague ; George DeMontrond ; Jason Goldsberry ; Jim Slots ; Ted Saba
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:49 AM
Subject: The June Contest

Hello to everyone that participated at K5QE in the June VHF Contest.  I want to thank you all for coming and for working so hard.

Especially, I want to thank George and Ted, our two new ops.  Both of you made serious contributions to the effort, in spite of being thrown into unfamiliar circumstances.  I remember how hard it was for me when I went to George's station...all unfamiliar gear, unfamiliar logging program, just everything different.  Because of that, I have a new appreciation for how hard it is to walk into someone else's station and do a good job.

We had our best contest ever this time.  Last year, we broke the 1M point barrier.  That is the first time that has ever been done in the 5th Call District, I am fairly sure.  This year, we did better.  Last year, we had 1300+ QSOs on 6M with 245 grids.  This year, we had fewer QSOs, but more grids(thanks to everyone that worked 6M).  The 6M band was just not wide open this year like it was last year.  The microwave contacts this time were really great.  We had a full roster of contacts and grids worked(thanks Ted).

Here are our preliminary results for the June 2009 VHF Contest

6M:   1245 / 252
2M:   344 / 98
222:   105 / 40
432:   164 / 43
902:   72 / 23
1296:   72 / 25
2304:   22 / 14
3456:   14 / 10

Total score 1,365,520
Total QSO's 2039
Total QSO Points 2704
Total Mults 505

Of course we will lose some of this to the ARRL's log checking, but I am hoping we can stay above 250 grids on 6M.  That is sort of a magical high water mark for 6M contests.

So, thanks again for coming.  We really do appreciate your efforts.  I know the food was good as everyone was complaining about overeating....HI.

73 Marshall K5QE