[LCC] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2 LP

Scott Dickson, W5WZ W5WZ at arrl.net
Sun Aug 16 15:22:01 EDT 2009

NX5M reports:

3830 at contesting.com <mailto:3830%40contesting.com> , nx5m at txcyber.com
<mailto:nx5m%40txcyber.com>

[3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2 LP

webform at b41h.net <mailto:webform%40b41h.net>

nx5m at txcyber.com <mailto:nx5m%40txcyber.com>

Sun, 16 Aug 2009 00:14:47 -0700

<3830 at contesting.com <mailto:%3Ca%20href=> ">mailto:3830 at contesting.com
<mailto:3830%40contesting.com> >

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, KU5B, N5XJ, KJ5T
Station: NX5M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   18    11
   80:  115    32
   40:  530    56
   20: 1043    62
   15:  241    45
   10:   70    25
-------------------
Total: 2017   231  Total Score = 465,927

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

W5WMU....kudos......Charlie (KI5XP) and Pat get the NAQP SSB M/2 sweep for
2009.

We were in this one in an attempt to win the August event for a 5th straight
year.  We tried....we blew it....hihi.  Always fun to compete with and
against
good people and good friends.  I even forgot how to talk at one point, said
my
call like I was retarded which gave the other 3 guys sitting in the shack
and
really good laugh.
Yeah, it was noisy!  10 and 15 were open but not many people seemed to take
advantage of it.  I cannot imagine staying on 20m for 10 of the 12 hours
like
Pat and Charlie did.  Making over 1400 q's on 20m in a NAQP is simply
insane.
I had considered sticking with 20 after finding out how noisy 80 actually
was;
but did not do it.
Mults were up, q's were down vs 2008.  Score only differed by about 2k.
Thanks to all you guys that moved around the bands.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/