[LCC] Contesting Wiki

Scott Dickson, W5WZ W5WZ at arrl.net
Thu Apr 23 21:04:43 EDT 2009

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:32:29 -0400

From: Pete Smith <n4zr at contesting.com>

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Announcing the Contesting Compendium Wiki

To: cq-contest at contesting.com

The Contesting Compendium is up and running, at

<http://wiki.contesting.com/>http://wiki.contesting.com

.  Our objective is to make this into a one-stop

source for information on contesting, and to

ensure that all the good stuff that is now

scattered across the Internet doesn't succumb to

the ravages of time, hard drive failures, or other accidents of history.

So now it's up to us.  I want to start by

emphasizing the "us" element.  I'm committed to

making this work, but it will fail unless it

becomes a true community project. I'm going to

suggest the broadest organizational outlines, but

from that point forward it is up to you,

contesters around the world, who have information

to contribute. Don't feel that what you know or

want to say is not of broad enough interest ?

there is room in the Compendium for articles that

are as broad as ?antenna design for contesting?

and as narrow as ?contesting in Iraq in 2005.?

We (KM3T, K5TR, K5ZD,N5KO and I) have created a

start to a

<http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Table_of_Contents>Table

of Contents. It might best be described as a

rough outline or starting point for ideas on

content and structure. You should feel free to

edit or add to the

<http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/Table_of_Contents>Table

of Contents and also to add actual content. There

is already some content linked from the table of contents.

Please check out the

<http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/How_to_Read/Browse>How

to Read/Browse and

<http://wiki.contesting.com/index.php/How_To_Contribute>How

To Contribute pages, for the nuts and bolts.

You?ll need to create an account to join in, but

we pledge that none of your data will be shared outside the Compendium team

Nothing is cast in concrete ? if you want to

suggest other ideas, edit away ? everyone who

signs up to become a contributor or editor and

edit any page except those - typically articles

from other sources reused in their entirety with

permission of their authors - that are locked. My

hope is that eventually we'll have hundreds of

authors contributing material and keeping it up

to date.  If you don't want to edit other

people's work, feel free to use the Discussion

tab at the top of each page to give us your

suggestions.  And also please feel free to drop

me a note if I can help you become a contributor.

73,

Pete Smith N4ZR

Managing Editor and Chief Compendium Lackey

Dave Pascoe, KM3T

George Fremin III, K5TR

Randy Thompson, K5ZD

Trey Garlough, N5KO