[LCC] Nominations for LCC officers 2009-2010

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Sat Apr 4 01:44:26 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,
        First, I'd like to ask those club members who have NOT yet signed
up for
the club's email reflector to please consider doing so. For club business such
as this, it is SO much easier to post a single message, rather than having to
individually look up and send individual messages. It is an absolutely free
service that comes with your LCC membership, and only takes about a minute.
Just visit the club site, N5LCC.com, and click on the "Email Reflector" link
near the top left. You don't have to join to read the archives, but you DO have
to subscribe to be able to post, and to receive copies of messages sent to the
reflector.

        Now, down to business. Because we expected our club to be diverse and
have members scattered across the state, and a few in other states, our bylaws
allow some club business to be handled via email/internet. It is time to
consider who you want leading YOUR club next year. At the club meeting in Rayne
on March 14, nominations were accepted for the 5 elected positions. Minutes of
the meeting are available on the club website, under "meetings", then click on
the date.
Current nominees for the 2009-2010 year are:
President - Mark, K5ER
Vice Pres. - Charlie, KI5XP
Sec/Treas - Scott, W5WZ
Director - Roland, NA5Q
Director - W5AG, Archibald

        Any club member in good standing is eligible to run for office. If you
are a club member and you wish to add somone to the list (and they would
accept!), its quite simple. Just visit the club site and click the link near
the very top, where the title bar is scrolling a message regarding nominations.
You do not have to nominate someone for every position, and there is no need to
add anyone already listed in the paragraph above. The window for nominations is
open until April 9th.

        After April 9, all nominees will be listed and the page will change
to a
voting page, where you will be able to select your choice for each office.
Those who DO NOT plan to attend the Monroe Hamfest, where live voting will take
place, can opt to submit their ballot on the online voting page. All votes are
forwarded to each member of the election committee. This voting page will then
close at Midnight on April 23, to allow all members of the election committee
time to access their email, tally votes received, and make their way to the
Hamfest. To insure accuracy, election committee members will then verify all
email votes amongst themselves and these votes will be combined with the live
vote of Paid club members taken at the Monroe meeting, with the person
receiving the most votes for each office being declared the winner for that
office.

        While we would prefer to see every club member at the live meeting, we
realize things come up and sometimes you just can't make it. Whether live, or
by way of the process described above, please be a part of the election
process, and whenever possible, take part in club activities, discussions on
the reflector, and particularly, get active in the contests and submit your
scores!

        Thanks for your interest in the Louisiana Contest Club and if you have
any questions, please feel free to drop me a note.

President,
Louisiana Contest Club (N5LCC.COM)

K5ER.com