[LCC] Where is Rayne? (tv show)

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Sat Nov 29 16:21:54 EST 2008

	Normally, I wouldn't post "human interest" storys to a contesting
reflector, but since our Spring meeting will be in Rayne, I figure there IS
a tie-in. After all, we DO want all LCC members to be able to find the
meeting, don't we?

	On Tuesday, December 9th at 7PM, Louisiana Public Broadcasting will air
the special "Lost Louisiana - What's in a Name?"  In this fifth episode of
the popular series, they will feature five towns, including Rayne, the
"Frog capitol of the world".

	I'm guessing that they might not mention the fact that Monroe and Rayne
seem to be taking turns hosting the ARRL State Convention. May not even
mention the wonderful hospitality and great food that we always enjoy when
attending the Rayne Hamfest which happens to be on March 13-14, 2009. (Hey
Roland, do I get a bowl of ettoufee for that shameless plug?)

73!